Do you have a passion for production and delighting our customers? Here is your opportunity! We have a vacancy in our Production Department for a Downstream Operator, and we would like to encourage anyone that is interested in joining our Dynamic team to apply.
Key Performance Areas
This Position is Accountable For:
- Ensure that products are packed and labelled efficiently and correctly.
- Weekly Maintenance checks on machine and conduct minor repairs
- Be a part of the ATO Process and competence development process
- Reporting of defective equipment
- Correct and timeous completion of checklists including hourly quality checks
- Ensure that good quality products are being produced as per the customer approved sample and master sample
- Check products consistently against relevant specification and report immediately on non-conformances.
- Ensuring compliance with the ISO standards.
- Adhering to all Food Safety procedures and requirements
- Ensure proper housekeeping by maintaining a minimum score of 95% on housekeeping checklist and 100% adherence to the dress code.
- Ensure machines are always clean as per the checklists and SMP and Polyoak standards, during and after operation
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must comply with the following:
- Passed Grade 12 (Matric)
- Minimum of N4
- Passed internal pre-assessment (numeracy and Literacy)
- Excellent attendance and time keeping records
- Not less than one year working on a Production floor
- Technical aptitude and willing to study towards completing further N courses.
- No current Discipline on file
- Values team work and is passionate about production
- Must have high attention to detail
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change and be happy to work shifts
- Able to work under pressure
Psychometric assessments will be conducted for shortlisted candidates