A new career oppotunity for a Production/Plant Manager, reporting to the Operations Executive, has arisen in our KZN (PTN) Factory.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
This Position is Accountable for:
- Operational performance in their factories.
- Identifying and delivering “quicker, lighter, faster” product solutions.
- Appropriate and diligent care of our Production Assets – “Asset Care” – excluding Services Equipment, [being Plant and Equipment that supplies air, water and electricity], raw material feeding systems and factory-based air-conditioning systems.
- Ensuring consistent performance of each business unit
- Managing Production KPI’s within parameters (waste, overtime, people resources etc.)
- Management of Production Teams (training, coaching and performance management)
- Partnering effectively with the SHEQ team to ensure zero customer complaints and returns
- Identifying and Managing trends and ensuring proper root cause to prevent repeat issues
- Optimization of Up/Production time and efficiencies
- Minimum 4 years’ in Manufacturing and Production (Packaging or FMCG preferable)
- Minimum of an N4 Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation qualification
- B-Tech Engineering degree or National Diploma ideal (Mechanical or Electrical only)
- GCC advantageous
- 3 years plus Production/Plant/Unit Management experience essential
- Enjoys a combination of hands on fault finding and people and plant management
- A sense of urgency (does things quickly)
- Able to work flexible hours when needed
- Ability to handle complexity (multiple challenges simultaneously)
- Hands on individual
- Strong technical and problem-solving aptitude
- A proven track record of managing Artisans and/or Engineers
Psychometric testing will be required for shortlisted candidates