A vacancy exists at a paper and plastics packaging manufacturing company situated in Pinetown with the following requirements:
Key Performance Areas
Key Performance Areas
- Qualification in Quality Control will be advantage
- 3 years’ experience in Quality preferably in a manufacturing or similar environment
- Computer literacy
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and FSSC systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of safety within manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of how to operate a venire and lab equipment (scale, Height gauge etc.).
- Previous work experience in Plastics manufacturing will be an added advantage
- Able to make decisions based on specifications and customer signed samples
Your key responsibilities will be
- Assist with quality, food safety and safety related documentation
- Assist with monitoring of quality as per the product specification.
- Assist with the verification on incoming material (COC/COA).
- Finished products being dispatched to the customer, ensuring that documents meet QMS standards.
- All products must be tested and measured using the correct equipment in the lab as per the QMS standards
- Ensure that the correct pack patterns and quantities are packed in the production departments as per the
- production specification and the QMS.
- Ensure QMS/ISO standards are followed with regards to customer signed sample or a Mpact standard.
- Ensure the procedure followed when handling sub-standard or reject production is as per
- QMS/ISO Standards.
- Perform Internal Quality and Food safety & HACCP Audits
- Investigate customer complaints and CAR’s and assist Production staff with CAR system
- Control Shopware and SharePoint quality activities
- Ensure Sedex registration and questionnaires are up to date
- Ensure that documents used must be controlled and relevant as per the QMS.
- Ensure that all machine run to the correct machine cycle time, by conducting regular checks.
- Ensure that the registers are in place and relevant for all samples in the Lab.
- Control and coordinate Pest control and Cleaning services
Please submit your CV and a certified copy of your ID and qualifications