Are you a qualified CA and have strong Management Accounts and Budget prep experience? Have you led a finance team or part of a finance team before? We are looking for someone with a passion for numbers and people to join our dynamic Finance Team. This position will be reporting into the Regional Director.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following outputs:
What you will be expected to do as the financial manager
- Establishing financial goals and objectives for KZN with the RD
- Establishing the Annual operating budget with the RD
- Maintaining effective financial controls and reporting structures
- Ensuring that the region’s affairs are cost effectively structured and managed to minimize risk
- with the necessary financial and administrative information enabling them to operate cost effectively
- Coordinating and interpreting of monthly financial accounts
- Assisting Sales managers and Planning with costing of products/machines etc.
- Effectively forecasting financial trends and developments
- Ensuring establishment and maintenance of effective interdepartmental and interbranch relationships
- Variance analysis and trends analysis on major expenses.
- Preparation of monthly financial packs for board meetings
- Annual audit and financial year end accounts and budgets
- Preparation on monthly, quarterly and annual year end audit file
- Ensure income tax, VAT and other statutory requirements are followed
- Review weekly and authorize the petty cash and payments
- Review creditors recons
- Cash flow admin
What skills you will need in this position:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant required (completed CA qualification is essential)
- Minimum of 3 years’ Experience managing a Finance Team in a manufacturing or FMCG environment
- SAP experience will be beneficial
- Excel advanced essential
Are you someone that:
- Has strong attention to detail & numerical ability.
- Is able to work flexible working hours (overtime when/if needed)
- Is able to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines
- Has a strong entrepreneurial ability
- Has a strong ability to interpret figures and data
- Is able to manage a diverse team
- Enjoys being busy and taking accountability for their work
This is open to all external candidates that meet the above criteria.